Thursday, February 5, 2009

Austin Food Review(er) - Because Someone else grabbed AustinFoodReview (!!)

Greetings! Yes, I know-- there are several other bloggers that have started and stopped reviewing food in Austin. Yep-- they died-- because of the FOOD! They didn't know where to eat, they didn't know what places to avoid... but not here. You get the real deal-- after over 10 years of going out to eat nearly every night, I know the places where you can to get your food-fix. If you like the nitty-gritty joint, I know 'em. If you want corporate fare-- I can point you to 'em. If you want the Hoity-Toity venue, I can be of service. And if you want Austin Weird, well, dude, I'm your friendly neighborhood Austinite that will share the Real Deal.

I'm the Austin Food Reviewer!

I'll try to give you something every week for a Friday or Saturday night. However, with this economy, I'm also endevouring to stay employed by working long hours, having conference calls with Europe, the US and Asia, and working email non-stop (not on this computer, by the way).

this week's choice? An old stand-by-- Pappasito's Cantina! Yes, you may think it's corporate (it is, but it's relatively small, and not too franchised). They hail out of Houston and have several family brands. Regardless-- they serve some of the best Fajita's in Austin! Not to mention the fresh made tortillas! Be sure to get the garlic butter to dip 'em in! The salsa rocks! And if you like shrimp, get both Shrimp and Fajitas (I go all beef) with the Del Mar! You can get chicken too-- the waiter will take special requests (if you want to be picky, they'll aim to please-- or at least they used to). Servers are not high school kids, but usually competent college kids or graduaate students. And it's family friendly too!

So have at it! Go Tex-Mex with Pappasito's and let them know that the Austin Food Reviewer sent you-- and if it stinks, let me know and I'll be sure to make it known here!

No comments:

Post a Comment